Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bundt Fever continues to spread!!


Mary the Food Librarian is baking bundt cakes galore! She is over halfway on her journey to bake 30 bundts in the 30 days leading up to National Bundt Day, November 15. Her dedication, obsession, and passion has inspired many a food blogger to take a turn at making these fun-shaped cakes.

I tried the Cardamom Vanilla Pound Cake for the Halloween party in my department this week. It was delicious! The cardamom was a strong, sweet flavor that really made this moist pound cake unique. Based on my personal preferences, I think the cardamom could have been toned down just a wee bit, and the vanilla flavor ramped up a wee bit, but it was great nevertheless!

I served it with a
quick strawberry sauce (described in an earlier post) and whipped cream. I think the strawberry sauce really complemented the cake well, although I'm sure ice cream would have been even better!!


No cake was left at the end of the day to bring home to Michael, so I'd say other people found it delicious as well. Find this or any of a growing selection of awesome bundt cake recipes at The Food Librarian's blog!! Thanks, Mary, for these wonderful recipes!!

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I don't own a bundt pan! All those crevices make me nervous. Well, baking in general makes me nervous.
    Okay, the frickin' OVEN makes me nervous.
    I need an intervention.

    halp.

    ReplyDelete