Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Bundt Day!


This year for National Bundt Day and our department's yearly fall luncheon, I made the Double Apple Bundt Cake from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From my home to yours. The double apple comes from shredded fresh apple and apple butter in the batter. Instead of raisins, I added 1 cup of frozen cranberries. And to frost it, I topped the cake with my favorite caramel frosting.



In full disclosure, this bundt was a Frankenstein bundt! I unmolded the cake when the recipe said I could, but it was so steamy and delicate that I totally cracked it into several pieces trying to get it onto my cake carrier! Good thing the frosting covered up all the seams!

Luckily no one really noticed or cared, but they did notice the taste. It was sooo good: moist, full of sweet apple and spice flavors, the tart cranberries were a great contrast, and the caramel frosting just reinforced the fall apple flavors. I got a lot of good feedback and requests for the recipe. 

Happy Bundt Day everyone! And yay to Mary the Librarian for surviving Year 3 of her Bundt marathons!



1 comment:

  1. These flavors sound great! I love using apples in baked goods...makes them so moist and delicious! And I am pretty much impressed with caramel frosting...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete