A hidden treasure at Brockway's Library Book Sale


For those who may not know, this is one of the staple cooking books of generations of American home cooks. Written by a home cook, this is pretty much an encyclopedia of recipes and tidbits of information about different ingredients and cooking techniques. Luckily for me, some baking recipes too, not just cooking.

Less than 2 dollars! Michael and I figured out that it's from the 1964 printing edition. Yummy pancake recipe. Has recipes for turtle soup of turtles that are endangered now!

Comments

  1. The Brockway library book sale is amazing. Where else could you have found both 1964 volumes of the Joy of Cooking AND a 1950s children's biography of Leif Erickson?

    I think, though on not-the-best-quality paper, that you are lucky to have found the 1964 edition. I read recently that since the book's publication that the portion size and caloric content of the recipes have increased as time has progressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment