"Out of Office," Part 1: Sour Cream Lemon Blueberry Muffins and Sour Cream Bran Muffins
I lied: I have more recipes to post. But I will try to space them out over the next several weeks so that the blog doesn't come to a complete standstill in the meantime.
I had a bunch of sour cream in the fridge to use up before I go, bought for now-unknown reasons. Probably coffee cake that never got made. But I decided to try out these intriguing sour cream muffin recipes, and boy, am I glad I did! If you have a leftover cup of sour cream you don't know what to do with, consider one of these yummy muffins!
Did you notice the
So I ended up just using a few for muffins destined for the photo shoot, and the rest of the muffins were clad in plain liners.
These were scrumptious. Light, moist, almost pudding-like and cakey in texture. The lemon and blueberry combo go so well together. I definitely got more intense reactions from people eating these muffins:
[take a bite of muffin]
[pause]
"These are soo good!!"
[continue scarfing down muffin]
[pause]
"These are soo good!!"
[continue scarfing down muffin]
Just reading your blog makes me hungry for these muffins!
ReplyDeleteKathy
I made the Sour Cream Lemon Blueberry Muffins today. They are super delicious! So light and buttery. They won't last long in this house.
ReplyDeleteKathy
The lemon blueberry muffins are indeed fabulous! I reheated a frozen one and ended up not heating it enough so that the fruit was still a little icy and the muffin was a bit stiff, but despite all that it still tasted great. I hope you got taller crowns on your muffins than I did--mine were a bit flat compared to the ones featured on the original blog I got the recipe from. I think I probably was a little too generous on the sour cream and made the batter a tad bit wetter than it was supposed to be, and thus flatter in the end.
ReplyDelete