National Bundt Day: Pumpkin and Apple Bundt Cake!



Woo! Congrats to Mary the Librarian for surviving another pre-National Bundt Day marathon of bundts! This is quickly becoming a tradition of epic proportions!

With just seven minutes left of National Bundt Day, here is my Bundt-a-licious contribution this year! I decided to make the Pumpkin Apple Bundt Cake as featured by the blog StreamingGourmet for a department Fall luncheon tomorrow. Perfect timing.



This cake seriously made my house smell amazing. Cinnamon, pumpkin, apples! I can't wait to try some tomorrow!

Find the recipe here. I used Stayman Winesap apples, but any good baking apple would be good here, I suspect.

More updates tomorrow on the taste!



Update: This cake was SO moist and soft, I highly recommend it! The apples were soft but not mushy, and the pumpkin cake was lightly spiced and moist and just the right level of pumpkin-ness. Super yum.

Comments

  1. Yum! Yum! Yum! This looks fantastic! Thanks so much for baking along with me on National Bundt Day!!! - mary the food librarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the bundt roundup - this bundt looks so good, and so perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment