Pittsburgh Half Marathon 2012


This year, I was instructed by a good friend to:
  1. Kick ass
  2. Take names
And I am proud to report that I took 10 minutes off my last year's time to finish:
2:15:09

So I think I followed my given instructions!

Waiting for the start...

Running over one (of many) bridges

Home stretch. If you could see my face at this point, you would see that it was contorted with pain, and at some point I even closed my eyes to shut out the crowd and focus on running just a tiny bit faster...

And I made it to the finish line! Here, we're situated at the post-finish line festival family reunion area.

I don't know whether I'll be able to do it next year as I expect to be back in medical school rotations, but I think long term I hope to participate in many more races to come!

Comments

Post a Comment