Upping the ante on bake sale offerings



I recently helped coordinate and contributed to a series of bake sales to help fundraise for a long-standing tradition here: a gigantic theatrical undertaking that the fourth year medical students write, choreograph, arrange, and perform for the whole community. It's what Senioritis-striken 4th years do with their time after they find out where they're going to residency and before they graduate. Since this year's graduating class is the class I started medical school with, I felt some kinship and decided to help out in the cause--not by actually performing in the play (wayyy too much time commitment), but by doing what I do best: baking!

Anyways, for the last bake sale, I dolled up my cookies and cake and candied nuts in some nice cellophane wrappers and put little tags on them, hoping to draw a slightly higher price point. I don't know if it actually worked, but my theory is that when you individually wrap items, it looks more professional and sanitary to a potential consumer. I recently went to a farmer's market where baked goods were being sold, and frankly, a big plastic tub or tray of cookies or cinnamon rolls just doesn't look sanitary to me (or fresh, knowing that it's been sitting there out in the open air circulation for half a day). Putting baked items in a clean, airtight display bin or individually wrapping them goes a long way in making the seller look like a professional baker.

Along these lines, I recently decided to scour online for some purveyors of pretty baked good wrappers...and ended up purchasing too much stuff, probably. But you can look forward to some really awesome pretty muffin/cupcake cups!

Comments

  1. I would certainly buy your baked goods. Everything you make looks delicious. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Although I would always be willing to give you lots of my baked goods free of charge :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment