My new toy
Yes. An iPhone 3GS.
I never knew this day would come. I have a very anti-fad personality, to a fault. The hysterical fervor of tweens and college kids for "social networking" and products that bear the symbol of the forbidden fruit makes me decidedly repulsed. My one-year-ago self would probably give me a judgmental look and tsk away.
But thanks to a confluence of factors, I have found myself here in late 2010 with an iPhone to my name, and quite honestly, pretty smugly happy with the thing.
This is due to 1) some acclimation to the technology from the significant other owning the same device for several months, 2) finding this gorgeous velvety-smooth burgundy hard case, 3) Pandora mobile ANYWHERE I GO, 4) the Skype application that lets me call home (international call) anywhere through either 3G or WI-FI signal, 5) and the recruitment of this little cutie (instead of half-eaten fruit) to greet me whenever I turn over my phone:
At least I can say at this point in my life I have developed a lifestyle in which I can use the applications available to the utmost and therefore make the investment worthwhile. Although I still don't text (I use a chat app). And still no Facebook. Or Twitter.
When deciding to upgrade, I did look around for a good Droid phone to play with and learn the technology but the best ones aren't available on our cell phone carrier, and honestly were more expensive by far. Next time, maybe.
What is the world coming to? ;)
ReplyDeleteAs long as you don't start facebooking - or, heaven forbid, tweeting - I'll know the apocalypse is still safely in the future.
If I was someone more religious and of the Adventist sort, I may take up Facebooking and Tweeting just to herald the 2nd coming! =P
ReplyDeleteThe iPhone is magnificent!
ReplyDeleteBut on another note: I listened to your advice and posted up the recipe on my blog in my own words. Thanks for your grand 2 cents. Much much appreciated!