Here we go!
I live in "Stiller Country"...where the blood of its inhabitants run black and gold. Although we aren't crazy sports fans, we do follow the Steelers for the entire football season and we like to do a lot of armchair coaching all throughout. The great thing about the fanaticism of Steelers' fans is the sense of regional culture that makes living here unique. And the Steelers...well, let's just say that you can count on them to make any season full of drama and suspense.
In light of the upcoming Super Bowl, there have been parties (and rallies) throughout the city to celebrate the amazing opportunity for the Steelers to possibly win their seventh Super Bowl ring. My department was no exception, and we were told to bring "tailgating food."
I guess tailgating food = cake to me, because what I decided to make was a black and gold swirled bundt cake. I used the Orange Ricotta Pound Cake with Marmalade Glaze from Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman. You can find a printable recipe from my fellow baking blogger, the Food Librarian, here. Once I made the batter, I divided it roughly in half and added a bit of yellow food coloring to one half and some black cocoa and black food coloring to the other half. Drop batter into your prepared bundt pan in alternating colors, and then take a knife and swirl the batter just once or twice around the pan through the middle. Bake and glaze as directed by the recipe.
The cake really stood out amongst all the chips and dip! The ricotta kept the cake nice and moist, and the cake was fragrant from the orange juice, zest, and marmalade glaze. It is an easy, flavorful and simple cake that would be a tasty addition to any get-together, either plain or black-n-gold!
Go Steelers!
Love it! Looks so yummy!!! I'm trying a recipe from my new cookie cookbook for SB today. I got the "Chewey Gooey Cripsy Crunchy Melt in Your Mouth Cookies" book for Christmas and I'm breaking it out for the big day!
ReplyDeleteI could care less about the super bowl, but that cake looks so delicious!
ReplyDelete