Food-filled Girls Weekend!

I am FINALLY back after a full month of traveling all over the world for both professional and personal reasons. Not that I will be home the entire summer--there are three weekend trips I already know I am making--but at least life will return back to its normal routines again.

The last trip I made was to meet up with my good college friends in NY, where one of them is stationed as she finishes her PhD. We had a fun weekend filled with good food, running, poop jokes, lots and lots of cupcakes, a trip to the Tulip Festival for some pretty flowers and awesome BBQ sandwiches, and a trip up to Saratoga Springs for pastries and used book store shopping!

Here are some highlights in photos:


Gorgeous loaves from Mrs. London's in Saratoga

BBQ sandwiches!

Gigantic tub of strawberry lemonade

Lavash at a Turkish restaurant

Various appetizers at the Turkish restaurant, including one unfortunately named "cemen"

My kofta dinner. Delicious.

My friends both ordered this yummy mystery-meat wrap that was sliced and served with sauce/rice.

Pastries from Mrs. Londons. Awesomest almond croissant!

Philly cupcakes joined our party

More cupcakes at Saratoga!
 
Good times!

Comments

  1. Yay, you're back!!!! Michael wants to know how the kitty is doing! Enjoy your summer! Maybe we'll run into each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty is doing awesome (rubbing up against my foot at the moment for her breakfast). She is jumping up to all her normal perches on windowsills and couches, terrorizing her brother and playing with mice. If anything, she's way more play-active than she was in the last few months before the surgery. Surgical site is totally healed. I'll post some before and after pics soon. The super-affection was definitely drug/PTSD related but she's just back to being her normal cute self =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great news! So good to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment