Pittsburgh Half Marathon -- Mission accomplished!
First off, I want to thank everyone for your support and for generously donating money for the Animal Rescue League! I was able to raise $260 with your help! The team of 40-some runners for the ARL raised over $17,000!!
I ran the half-marathon in 2:25:48! (just over an 11-minute mile pace)
Waiting in the start corral (we were in the slowpoke corral so we didn't start until ~15 minutes after the first people). Flashing the double V for Victory sign!
Having a good time! Waving happily at Michael at approximately mile 6.
Belting down the last bridge and mile for a sprint to the finish line!
Victorious first-time half-marathoners!
Looking forward to next year! (Yes, we've caught the bug!) But...not sure yet whether to graduate to a full marathon...I think for the sake of my knees and time management, I'll keep to the half marathon for now, but there are days that I have a good long run and I start to think that maybe a full marathon is an achievable goal...oh dear.

AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you and all your hard work!
Yeah, Liang!!
ReplyDeleteGreat work!
ReplyDeleteYay congrats!!! :)
ReplyDeletePS- You totally can and should do the full marathon :)