English Muffin Bread
This bread is probably the best of both the quick bread and yeast bread worlds: quick and easy to throw together, but with just long enough of a rise to develop a nice yeasty flavor and lightness in the bread. All in all, this loaf was fast, fragrant, tasty, and satisfying to make as well as eat.
If you're worried about yeast breads, this is a good primer because there's no kneading or worrying about correct hydration/gluten development prior to the rise since the dough is more akin to a batter. Mix, pour into loaf pan, let rise, and bake!
Try it for your next rainy Saturday afternoon baking project! Then cut a thick slice, toast it, spread it thickly with Nutella and/or jam and eat with a cup of tea. That's the life.
Recipe is here.
Yea! You are back and baking. Everything looks delicious, but I am definitely going to try making this English Muffin Bread. Kathy
ReplyDeleteThis bread is quick and so fragrant and tasty! I hope you enjoy it! I have been baking, just hard to find the time and motivation to put posts together =) But I am trying, if everyone will forgive my laziness to type out recipes and accept links to online recipes instead.
ReplyDelete