The embarkment upon a spree of famous bakery recipes
I've lately noticed that many of the most popular recipes in the baking blog world have revolved around a limited number of currently-popular baking cookbooks. A large subset of these come from famous bakeries, such as the Magnolia Bakery and Baked in NYC. Certainly there is also a fair amount of literature (blogs and news articles) dedicated to copycats or individually-requested recipes from other famous, unpublished bakeries.
Although I've never been one to follow fads, I'm also always one of the first to say "Ooh, let's go there, this place is famous for ____!" So in this case, I'm happy to jump on the bandwagon of collecting recipes from famous bakeries to see why they inspire real-life and baking blog cult followings...and SNL rap tributes:
So the next several installments will primarily be focused on such recipes--I'm hoping to expand my repertoire out to include brownies/blondies and other types of bar cookies, and maybe some pastries and sweet yeast breads (can we say cinnamon buns?!), so these cookbooks will give me some material for escapades into those fields of study.
Many of these books have made it onto my Amazon wish list, for those of you who may be interested in helping me in my cause. =) Although, somebody I know (*innocent whistling*) also takes the liberty of photocopying recipes from cookbooks borrowed from the public library...in their defense, though, this person donates money to their public library system! ;) (shhh...)
Although I've never been one to follow fads, I'm also always one of the first to say "Ooh, let's go there, this place is famous for ____!" So in this case, I'm happy to jump on the bandwagon of collecting recipes from famous bakeries to see why they inspire real-life and baking blog cult followings...and SNL rap tributes:
So the next several installments will primarily be focused on such recipes--I'm hoping to expand my repertoire out to include brownies/blondies and other types of bar cookies, and maybe some pastries and sweet yeast breads (can we say cinnamon buns?!), so these cookbooks will give me some material for escapades into those fields of study.
Many of these books have made it onto my Amazon wish list, for those of you who may be interested in helping me in my cause. =) Although, somebody I know (*innocent whistling*) also takes the liberty of photocopying recipes from cookbooks borrowed from the public library...in their defense, though, this person donates money to their public library system! ;) (shhh...)
Comments
Post a Comment