"Girl Scout Cookies on Crack"
Mmm, Girl Scout Cookies. I don't know about you, but I love Samoas. The cookie base is crumbly-crunchy, the caramel is chewy, the toasted coconut has a wonderful aroma, and the chocolate just rounds everything out.
The Oatmeal Cookie Guy made his recipe debut back in February 2008 with this recipe, a Samoa copycat. Gosh, did I have to buy a whole bunch of things for this recipe: caramel sauce, cream of coconut, coconut extract, Rollos...and it's a messy process, with the dough full of toasted bits of things but at the same time wet, so it tends to stick to one's hands rather than itself. My advice in making this cookie is to wash your hands every once in awhile, keeping your hands wet makes the dough easier to roll into balls.
But oh, the result! These cookies don't taste exactly like Samoas--some said they were better....
The cookie is extremely chewy from the 4 cups of toasted oatmeal and 2 1/2 cups of toasted coconut in the batter, and the Rollo candy in the middle of the cookie melts into a dense core of caramel and chocolate. With a bit of crunch and a lot of chew, bursting with coconut flavor, these cookies were a gigantic hit with both my lab coworkers and my class.

Favorite quote of the day: "What did you put in these? They're like Girl Scout Cookies on crack!!"
Awesome.
The Oatmeal Cookie Guy made his recipe debut back in February 2008 with this recipe, a Samoa copycat. Gosh, did I have to buy a whole bunch of things for this recipe: caramel sauce, cream of coconut, coconut extract, Rollos...and it's a messy process, with the dough full of toasted bits of things but at the same time wet, so it tends to stick to one's hands rather than itself. My advice in making this cookie is to wash your hands every once in awhile, keeping your hands wet makes the dough easier to roll into balls.
But oh, the result! These cookies don't taste exactly like Samoas--some said they were better....
The cookie is extremely chewy from the 4 cups of toasted oatmeal and 2 1/2 cups of toasted coconut in the batter, and the Rollo candy in the middle of the cookie melts into a dense core of caramel and chocolate. With a bit of crunch and a lot of chew, bursting with coconut flavor, these cookies were a gigantic hit with both my lab coworkers and my class.

Favorite quote of the day: "What did you put in these? They're like Girl Scout Cookies on crack!!"
Awesome.
I am one of those lab coworkers, and man! Were they good. I think the oatmeal was awesome, and I LOVE coconut. She described the cookie to me before making them, and they were even BETTER than I expected. It's great working with Liang :)
ReplyDelete