"If you go to San Francisco..."
I've got four different recipes in queue to be written up and posted, but I decided to put those aside to post in real-time about my travels and eats.
I've got no flowers in my hair, but definitely I have been eating my way through my first day!
Taco de lengua (tongue). Sooo good. Tangy, melt in your mouth tender, fresh corn tortillas. I wanted another one right away.
Selections from Delica, the Japanese deli at the Ferry Building. On left, agedashi tofu; on right, potato croquette. The fried tofu skin was difficult to get through to cut down to bite sized pieces with chopsticks, but it was sweet and savory and delicious. The potato croquette...oh the croquette <3. The outside was delicate fried perfection, the inside creamy chunky potatoes with a hint of soy. Yum.
Pistachio and chocolate macarons from Miette and cafe au lait from Blue Bottle Coffee. Awesome made-to-order drip coffee, insanely chewy macarons! I like them. I don't know if I like them enough to make myself, but they certainly are an interesting cookie. Loved the pistachio. Chocolate was good, a bit too sweet.
Alas, although the sign pointed to where they usually lounge on the pier, the sea lions were MIA. Maybe the wrong season.
I'm too lazy to go all the way across town to see the Golden Gate Bridge up close, so I just get the best unobstructed view I can and use my ultrazoom camera. Go camera! Hi Golden Gate Bridge! Bye!
More eats and sights to come soon!
Comments
Post a Comment