A new beginning

After several weeks of re-discovering old beloved food blogs and discovering a slew of new ones, I had come to a juncture of deciding whether to jump headlong myself into food blogging as a fruitful endeavor. If I decided not to, I needed to find another suitable excuse for the vast amounts of time I have spent reading other people's blogs.

As Michael started his own blog recently, which has been quite enjoyable for us both, and since I have successfully maintained my Facebook boycott, this additional method for communicating with family and friends had its perceived benefits.

When I decided upon my blog title and subtitle, all pretense for finding additional excuses was gone. What remained was excitement to bring our food journeys into a forum where peers/family/friends could share and enjoy with us.

I am not a newbie, per se, to blogging, making my debut in 2003 with Xanga. But this is my first attempt at a more public contribution to the WWW, and presumably I will be attempting to join in the discussion at more prominent food blogs this time around.

I would hope that after approx. 8 years of recipe collecting and testing, endless Food Network watching and food blog reading, that I will have some skills and experience to impart. But as Socrates said, "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing."
And so I hope to use this opportunity foremost to continue to grow in knowledge and application of the hobby that I hold most dearly.

Let's bake!!

Comments

  1. Woo hoo! More yummy baked goods for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I want to read all about your baking adventures! All those notebooks! So exciting!

    In other notes: my mum and I watched Iron Chef America over Easter while I was home and she was completely bamboozled by it. "The Chairman? Chairman of what? Who is he? Why did he backflip? Who is that (Alton) and why is he talking about science? Secret ingredient? Challenge?" I was like, "Mum - who are you and why do you not know these things? I miss Liang!"

    I also admire your Facebook boycott. My goal is that I will close mine when I get a real job. As long as I'm a student, it's okay, but after the job, no. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment