Oh yes, more NOLA eats!

Throughout the entire trip, everyone laughed at and teased me for taking pictures of everything I ordered before I started eating. But to me, food is so central to a trip and to life in general, I love to remember the food with as many senses as possible. And I think the following series of photos validates my travel photojournalism methods. Don't you wish you ate all these things and came back a couple kilos heavier like I did?? =D The pictures designated "FQF" were from food stands at the French Quarter Festival, which happened to be going on during the weekend and was conveniently near the Convention Center.

Figure 1. Chicken and Andouille Gumbo--of the lighter soupy variation (at FQF)

Figure 2. Cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe Beignet

Figure 3. Close-up inspection of delicious beignets

Figure 4. The famous Pat O'Brien's Hurricane--a lot o' rum!

Figure 5. Muffaletta sandwich--jam-packed with Italian goodness (at FQF)

Figure 6. Alligator sausage on a bun (at FQF)

Figure 7. BBQ chicken and brisket from VooDoo BBQ

Figure 8. Creole cheese Bavarian cream cake from Flour Power (also at the FQF)

Figure 9. Moist and delicious fish at the award-winning Italian restaurant, Bacco

Figure 10. Steamed spicy crawfish at Deanie's (great recommendation from a local)

Figure 11. Seafood gumbo at Deanie's, of the thicker roux-based version

Figure 12. Mae's omlete (ham, mushroom, peppers) and grits (actually delicious! my first Southern grits) at Mother's Restaurant

Figure 13. My holy grail: cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde.

Figure 14. Me with my coffee.

Figure 15. Last meal in NOLA--lots o' fried seafood at Mulate's. There's gator somewhere under that pile, and it was great. Somewhere between chicken and pork, I'd say. And I did share this with another person...!

I haven't even begun to expound about my newfound candy obsession: pralines.... but that's another post! Stay tuned. =)

Comments

  1. AMAZING.

    You were a champion eater! Everything looks really fantastic - I think I need to plan a visit to NOLA.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment